Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Building Morgan's Sandcastle

I read something very insightful in my LLL magazine today, and I thought that I would share the concept. Everytime I understand Morgan, it's like little grains of sand. Nothing much in itself. It's only in time that it grows and one day it'll make a big sandcastle. Right now it grows in tiny amounts. Each little grain adds to it. There is a great deal still to discover about the the way we mother and how it influences our children. Mothers and grandmothers probably continue to question and learn about their children all their lives. Surely all of us must have found some "little grains of sand." If we look after our little grains, hold them carefully, and make sure that they don't drop from our hands back onto the amorphous beach of unsorted grains, we have an opportunity to contribute to a large sandcastle.

Oh, and here's Morgan's photo after his mid-day bath today when he pooped ALL over himself, our bed, his changing table and me. Ahhh... the joy of motherhood!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Very cool - I haven't started getting my magazine yet...hmmm?

Reni Rainier said...

Hummmmm...this is only the FIRST of soooo...many messes in and out of the bath!! Ha!