Saturday, November 14, 2009

Where are pictures of Morgan?

I promise to get back to posting pictures of Mr. Morgan. I've been MIA lately because I've been busy teaching myself to sew! I honestly didn't even really know how to thread the sewing machine a couple of months ago. It's amazing what can be learned from the Internet. It took me a few weeks of heavy research. Here is my first project... the back living room. I think that I must have lost my mind to take on such a huge project as my first. I slip covered one of the chairs (still have one to go), the ottoman, made a 20' cornice with rope lighting accent , 8 fully lined and interlined triple pinch pleated working drapery panels and six zippered pillows with contrasting welts. The curtains are hung on double traverse rods. There will be an additional sheer layer behind the panels when I can find the right fabric. It's so awesome to be able to close the curtains when we want to blackout the light for movies! But, wow... this was quite the task to accomplish! I also made Morgan's Halloween superhero costume and his nap mat for mother's day out. Now, if I can just sew that dang button on Dan's shirt. :)












1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow! That is quiet a task! But you did an amazing job! Love it!