Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun with Friends

I have a nice little camera.  But, I realized that I take about 75% of my photos with my little nothing mega pixel phone.  It’s just always in my pocket.  My friends would swear that I never have my phone on me though.  Text and email.  That’s the way to get me.  I’ve been dripping with kids for the past 4 years and haven’t had a real phone conversation unless it’s dark outside.
We love having friends over.  My house was always the place to hang out when I was growing up.  I now know that it was very intentional on my parents part so that they could keep tabs on who I was hanging out with.  Parents are smart like that.  Here’s some pics from the past month of some of the kids hanging at our house.  Preschoolers are a rough crowd you know Smile  … gotta make sure to keep tabs on them.
CIMG0336
We love the UPS man around here.  He always brings race cars, space shuttles, turtle shells and boats.  I think that this box was a race car this day.
CIMG0343
Gremaw and P’Paw are sending Morgan to music lessons for his birthday.   Dan and I took him for a consultation and guitar fitting.  Future rock star?
CIMG0349
Only lame moms don’t let you tear apart yet another UPS delivery.  This one had Styrofoam!  I think that it took both Dan and myself 20 minutes (that’s 40 total minutes) to clean this mess up.  I didn’t take static electricity into account when this originally sounded like a good idea.
IMG_1715
Cousins Darby and Bret came over to make peppermint bark.
CIMG0013
We have an entire overflowing laundry basket of costumes.  Who says costumes are just for Halloween?  These puppies are worn daily!
CIMG0017
Andres just looks super cute here.  He likes to spin things.
CIMG0016
Gabriel, Zach and Zoey chowing down.  Dan recently painted the kiddo chairs black so they wouldn’t mess up my colors in the room.
CIMG0020
CIMG0021
CIMG0024
CIMG0025
CIMG0027
CIMG0028
Zack & Andres like to color.
CIMG0036 (2)
Whoever wakes up from nap first gets to watch a little TV in an effort to not wake the rest of the house. Ziploc baggies are the best invention ever for after nap snacks.  I always have to vacuum the bed though.
CIMG0044
Everyone loves feetie pjs!  This was a fun night at Annika and Sloan’s house.
CIMG0049 (2)
Again, you get to watch TV if you wake up before everyone else.  Gabriel and Andres were still sleeping.
CIMG0050
We love having CJ over.
CIMG0053
I have to figure out a logo solution.  It always take forever to clean up.  I think that I’m going to only give them a small amount at a time.  I bought two trash bags of Legos off Craigslist a few years ago for only $30.
CIMG0055
CIMG0057
CIMG0059
Feeties!
CIMG0074
This UPS delivery is a boat.  And, what kid can resist bubble wrap.
CIMG0077
Heard during naptime-
Gabriel:  “Marfa!  I need help putting my underwear back on!”
Me: “Why did you take your underwear off?”
Gabriel: “Because I wanted to look at the cool picture on them!”
After naptime I found the two boys pantless because they both wanted to look at the cool pictures on each other’s underwear.
CIMG0081
Projects!

2 comments:

Joye said...

They look like they're having so much fun! I wish I'd had a nanny like you when I was a kid! :)

Martha Cox said...

Thanks Joye! I'm pretty sure my novelty has worn off for the kids and I'm just another boring adult telling everyone what to do! haha!